What is Guide Dogs' Access and Technology Consulting Service?
Our Access and Technology Consultants specialise in providing solutions to improve the day-to-day usability of indoor and outdoor environments and essential services for people with low vision and blindness.
We frequently work with other Access Consultants, disability groups and Government and Industry partners at all phases of a project, including design, prototype and implementation.
We can support you to:
- Identify and resolve functional access challenges relating to people with blindness or low vision
- Identify indoor and outdoor wayfinding (navigation) solutions
- Meet and exceed relevant legislation and Australian Standards, including those relating to Tactile Ground Surface Indicators (TGSIs), Braille/tactile signage and luminance contrast.
Contact us today to discuss how we can support you to make the physical environment more accessible and inclusive.
Who are the Access and Technology Consultants?
Guide Dogs’ Access and Technology Consultants are highly skilled Orientation and Mobility Specialists with qualifications in assisting people with blindness or low vision to move through environments confidently and safely. Access and Technology Consultants have a qualified understanding of the legislation and standards on the functional use of buildings, facilities and services for people with blindness or low vision.
We frequently work with other Access Consultants, disability groups and Government and Industry partners at all phases of a project, including design, prototype and operational.
- advise on the development of new products and technologies, bringing both lived and learned experience to the design, prototyping and testing phases.
- assist you to understand the technologies that people with blindness or low vision use to navigate the built environment, and access information in print and online.