Leave a gift in your Will and transform someone's life
A gift in your Will is the greatest commitment you can make to help Australians with low vision or blindness.
The breeding, raising and training of more than half of our Guide Dogs is made possible thanks to people who have left a bequest to Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in their Will.
It costs over $50,000 and takes two years to breed, raise and train one Guide Dog. It’s only through life-changing gifts that these amazing Guide Dogs continue to be matched at no-charge with people who rely on them to lead an independent life.
Over the years, these types of gifts have helped thousands of Australians with low vision or blindness to lead the life they choose.
So whether large or small, leave a gift in your Will and make a difference by ensuring that when someone loses their vision, they don’t lose their freedom and independence as well.
Stories from clients.
A video that provides an insight into the people that Guide Dogs NSW/ACT help every year by providing them with services that enable them to live a confident and independent life. Leave a Gift in your Will to help our clients achieve their life goals and lead happy and fulfilled lives.
How to leave a gift in your Will
How to leave a gift in your Will.
Leaving a bequests in a Will is a wonderful way to positively impact the lives of people with low vision or blindness.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about leaving a bequest in your Will to Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, please request an information pack or contact Donna Oxley on 02 9412 9339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquire about leaving a gift
Gifts in Wills Enquiry Form
Leaving a bequest in a Will is a wonderful way to positively impact the lives of people with low vision or blindness.
The correct wording for leaving a gift
It is important to use the correct wording when leaving a gift.
Correct wording ensures that your bequest is received by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
Here, you will find the correct wording to use if you leave a gift in your Will.
Learn about different types of gifts
There are many different ways to leave a gift.
A popular and straightforward way to support Guide Dogs in your Will is to leave a percentage of your estate once any specific and cash gifts have been made.
This is known as a residuary gift. It protects the other parties in your Will and remains unaffected by inflation and other changes, unlike cash gifts, which decrease in value over time.
You can also choose to give a specific amount of money or leave a particular item to a charity in your Will if you prefer. Talk to us about the possibility of naming a Guide Dog puppy in your Will too.
We recommend that you discuss your wishes with family and loved ones.
How to inform us of your gift
We would love to know that you have included Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in your Will.
This ensures we have the opportunity to discuss any wishes you may have and give you the option of having your name inscribed in our book of honour.
We would like to be able to thank you personally and invite you to attend one of our Guide Dogs Graduation Days or a regional event. You can inform us that you have left a gift in your Will by calling Ali Kershaw on 02 9412 9300 or email email@example.com
The Daisy Foundation
The Daisy Foundation is our way of recognising your commitment to our work.
The Daisy Foundation was established to honour the generosity of our wonderful friends who have included Guide Dogs NSW/ACT in their Will.
Membership is optional and free and is designed to bring together kindred supporters. Members receive invitations to special Guide Dog NSW/ACT events, and are kept up to date with our work and stories.
Our Gift Charter
Our Gift Charter.
- We acknowledge the significance of your wish to benefit Guide Dogs as part of your last Will & Testament.
- We appreciate that this decision needs to be made in your own time.
- We understand that loved ones come first, and we encourage you to discuss your intention with them before finalising your Will.
- We would love to know that you have included Guide Dogs in your Will, so that we can discuss any wishes you may have and give you the option of having your name inscribed in our book of honour. Naturally, if you decide not to tell us, we understand and respect your decision.
- We will always respect your privacy. Any information you give us regarding your Will shall be held in strict confidence and shall not be publicly disclosed during your lifetime without your expressed permission.
- We promise that we will use your gift wisely and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact for people who are blind or vision impaired. We will handle whatever gift you leave us with care and respect.